Thursday, September 29, 2011

blog sugar


wow!  what an event!  i’m new to the blogging world, so i decided to attend blog sugar to get an idea of how to promote my new business june bloom designs.  i knew that there are a lot of “bloggers” out there, however i had never realized how connected and emotionally invested everyone becomes after years of reading each other’s blogs.  i expected to see a lot of individual bloggers, but what i saw instead was a UNIFIED group of women (and man J )!  it was such a wonderful experience to see these women who have been following each other’s blogs for years, finally meet in person!  i helped out during the registration process and was amazed to see how many women traveled from across the country to come to blog sugar!  i even met a few women who came straight from the airport! 
rachel put on a great event – everything ran so smoothly & on time (which with such a large group of women was quite an accomplishment!).  the decorations were lovely & the desserts delicious!
i enjoyed each of my sessions and am definitely motivated to get going with my blog and website.  at the end of the night, what struck me the most is that we all have a voice.  sometimes it feels like our vote, or our opinion doesn’t really matter.  it seems like we are in the minority when it comes to our views or morals.  i’ve been wrong – we do have a voice that can reach across the world.  i truly believe that i have gone through some difficult "seasons" in life, not only to mold me into a better person, but to help someone else that may be going through something similar.  i feel like some of my pain will be wasted if i keep all of my struggles to myself and not share them with anyone.  blogging can give me the opportunity to share my story.  sure there may not be a lot of people reading my blog yet, however if god wants someone to read what i’ve written – HE will bring them to my blog.  i just need to quiet my mind, listen to him, and write what’s on my heart. 
thanks for the motivation ladies and i look forward to seeing you all in 2012 J

No comments:

Post a Comment